Effective Date: July 26 2018
- Our NACDS websites located at nacds.org and www.nacdsfoundation.org;
- Phone and Fax Systems;
- NACDS Social Media;
- NACDS Mobile Apps; and
- Our membership services and
Why we collect certain information from you:
- To provide the membership services you have requested, pursuant to our NACDS membership agreement or exhibitor contract.
- For identification and authentication purposes.
- Legitimate interests like invoicing purposes, network performance and security.
- To improve the functionality and performance of our website.
- To enable us to contact you if needed.
- Other purposes that you consent to.
What information do we collect?
NACDS is a Trade Association, and our members are operators of chain retail pharmacies, or suppliers of goods and services to the chain retail pharmacy industry. On our membership applications, and meeting registration forms, we ask for certain personal information regarding the employees of the company that wishes to purchase membership or other services from the association.
- Personal Information you provide to us. On various pages of the Website, you will have an opportunity to provide information to us about yourself, such as your name, address, place of employment, job title, photograph, phone number, and email address, spouse information if applicable. You may provide this information when you register with the Website or send a message on the Website. In addition, when you register on our Website or send a message on the Website, your personally identifiable information, including your email, will be added to our customer database and distribution list.
- Financial Information: NACDS may collect credit or debit card information to facilitate a transaction. If you purchase a membership in NACDS or register for a meeting or trade show product, you will need to provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, if you are paying by credit card. This information includes, name on credit card, billing address of cardholder, credit card number, expiration date, and authorization code on card.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use your information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve our services including to operate certain features and functionality of our websites (for example, by remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during this or subsequent visits);
- To process your inquiries and otherwise deliver customer service;
- To provide the membership services you have requested, pursuant to our NACDS membership agreement or exhibitor contract;
- To process your payments
- For identification and authentication purposes;
- For our legitimate interests like invoicing purposes, network performance and security;
- To control unauthorized use or abuse of our Services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To analyze trends, administer or optimize the services, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around our websites);
- To communicate directly with you, including by sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services.
- For other purposes as disclosed at the time of collection.
We do not use automatic decision‐making or engage in profiling.
Where we intend to use or otherwise process your personal information for a purposes other than the purpose for which it was collected, we will provide you with information regarding the purpose for the processing, as well as other relevant information, prior to processing your personal information.
How We Share the Information We Collect
- We share personal information:
- With our Affiliates;
- With your consent or as disclosed to you;
- With the following third-party processors. This list may be updated by NACDS from time to time:
- Accumail – Address validation
- Alpha Graphics- Print Service
- Capitol Marking Products, Inc- Office Signs provider
- CheckBox – Survey Software
- Chromo Graphics- Graphic services for websites
- CSI- Compusystems for Meeting Registrations
- Cision- Communication cloud service and PAC vendor
- Cvent- Hotel management for NACDS events
- District Creative Printing
- Envato Elements – Website templates
- Epicor – Finance software
- Frank Parsons – Print services
- Friendly – Meeting event website
- Getty Images – Image services for websites
- Global Printing – Print services
- Google Analytics – Analyze website Traffic
- HighRoad Solutions/RealMagnet/HigherLogic – Email Marketing
- iStock Photo
- Lindenmeyr Munroe – Print Services
- Linemark – Digital Printing
- LMO- Email Marketing
- MapYourShow – Trade Show exhibits
- Mimecast – Email filter service
- Morning Consult – Polling Firm
- MultiView – Chain Drug member directory
- Paypal – Credit card Processor
- Personify Inc. – Association Management Software
- PostOp Media – Video processing
- Pitney Bowes- Address validation Software
- Sciensio – EventBot provider
- SkyDataVault – Disaster Recovery
- SmartSheet- cloud based spreadsheet management
- Social Tables- Meeting event management
- Type1- member directory
- WP Engine- Website hosting provider
- Pursuant to a court order, subpoena, warrant, or when otherwise required by law, or in response to a government inquiry;
- To protect our rights and the rights or safety of third parties, including to protect the
security and integrity of the Services; and
- As part of a potential or actual sale, merger or acquisition, or other transfer of all or partof our assets including as part of a bankruptcy
NACDS may share information that has been anonymized or aggregated without limitation.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and International Visitors
This section applies to those that visit our Services from the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
Lawful Basis for Processing:
NACDS processes personal information with your consent (e.g., when you agree that NACDS may place cookies, or when NACDS processes personal information submitted to the Services for specified purposes).
On other occasions, NACDS may process personal information when it needs to do this to fulfill a contract (for example, for billing purposes) or where required to do this by law.
If necessary, NACDS may also process personal information when it is in NACDS’s legitimate interests to do this (e.g., to provide membership services or fraud detection) and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
If the processing of personal information is necessary and there is no statutory basis for such processing, we will ask you for consent to process your personal data. You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of personal information at any time.
If you wish to exercise the right to withdraw consent, please contact us. See the “Contact Us” section below for contact information.
Transfers of Personal Information:
Please be aware that the personal information we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, country, or other jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store personal information in the United States and your consent to this privacy notice represents your agreement to this processing.
- The right to be informed; This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The right of access; this is your right to see what data is held about you by a Data Controller.
- The right to rectification; the right to have your data corrected or amended if what is held is incorrect in some way.
- The right to erasure; under certain circumstances you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is also called ‘the Right to be Forgotten’. This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The right to restrict processing; this gives the Data Subject the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The right to data portability; a Data Subject has the right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Data Controller by him or her, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- The right to object; the Data Subject has the right to object to further processing of their data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling; Data Subjects have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
To exercise any of the above rights wherever applicable, please see the “Contact Us” section below. Please be aware that NACDS may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
We will process and store your personal information only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of the storage, or as permitted by law. The criteria used to determine the period of storage of personal information is the respective statutory retention period. After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of a contract or the initiation of a contract or for other lawful purposes.
Your Controls and Choices
Information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. If you decide to opt‐ out, we may not be able to provide the Services to you. If you do not want to be included in user lists, you may opt‐out by submitting a request to NACDS at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to opt‐out of certain categories of information, send an email to email@example.com.
Communication Preferences: If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt‐out of receiving them by following the instructions included on such communications or on the Services. Please note, however, that you may be unable to opt-out of certain service‐related communications.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect personal information about you. No method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure.
Your acceptance of These Terms
NACDS values your patronage and respects your right to privacy. Because we are committed to protecting your privacy, personal data relating to an identified or identifiable individual, which are submitted to this Site will be collected, processed, stored, and disposed of in accordance with applicable U.S. law. However, U.S. law may not provide the degree of protection to personal data that is available in other countries.
This policy was last modified on August 13, 2018.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us in our role as data controller at:
Email: Our main email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) 1776 Wilson Blvd., Suite 200, Arlington, VA 22209
For visitors from the European Union, you may also contact our Data Protection Officer Jyothi Biddala through any of the contact options listed above.