At NACDS, your privacy is critically important to us and we care about your data. We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the memberships and services we offer. This policy also applies to NACDS Foundation.
- We generally store personal information for as long as necessary for business purposes, in accordance with generally accepted business practices and legal obligations.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
- Our NACDS Websites
- Phone/Fax Systems
- NACDS Social Media
- NACDS Mobile Phone Apps
- Our membership services and offerings
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information. Citizens of the European Union have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that are further clarified below.
Email: Our main email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS)
1776 Wilson Blvd., Suite 200, Arlington, VA 22209
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer directly: Jyothi Biddala, Director, Information Technology, through any of the contact options listed above.
Joining NACDS or registering for a meeting
To enable us to provide you with the best possible service, certain personal information is collected when, for example, you contact us, visit our website, fill out a membership application, or register for a NACDS meeting or other service. The information collected enables us to provide the membership services or meeting attendance that you have requested from us.
Information collected in this way will not be sold to any other organization, but may be shared with other third party service providers that assist NACDS with fulfilling our obligations to you.
Our Third Parties list:
NACDS engages certain third party processors, that may process personal data submitted to NACDS’s services. You retain all rights to any data stored in the NACDS databases so that we can provide services to you. We will not sell this data, but we may securely pass this data to any third parties who assist us in providing services to you. We respect the data protection rights of the users of our services.
These processors are listed below, as may be updated by NACDS from time to time:
- Accumail – Address validation
- Alpha Graphics- Print Service
- Capitol Marking Products, Inc- Office Signs provider
- CheckBox – Survey Software
- Chromo Graphics- Graphic services for websites
- CSI- Compusystems for Meeting Registrations
- Cision- Communication cloud service and PAC vendor
- Cvent- Hotel management for NACDS events
- District Creative Printing
- Envato Elements – Website templates
- Epicor – Finance software
- Frank Parsons – Print services
- Friendly – Meeting event website
- Getty Images – Image services for websites
- Global Printing – Print services
- Google Analytics – Analyze website Traffic
- HighRoad Solutions/RealMagnet/HigherLogic – Email Marketing
- iStock Photo
- Lindenmeyr Munroe – Print Services
- Linemark – Digital Printing
- LMO- Email Marketing
- MapYourShow – Trade Show exhibits
- Mimecast – Email filter service
- Morning Consult – Polling Firm
- MultiView – Chain Drug member directory
- Paypal – Credit card Processor
- Personify Inc. – Association Management Software
- PostOp Media – Video processing
- Pitney Bowes- Address validation Software
- SalesForce – Prospects database
- SkyDataVault – Disaster Recovery
- SmartSheet- cloud based spreadsheet management
- Social Tables- Meeting event management
- Type1- member directory
- WP Engine- Website hosting provider
Why we collect certain information from you:
- To provide the membership services you have requested, pursuant to our NACDS membership agreement or exhibitor contract.
- For identification and authentication purposes.
- Legitimate interests like invoicing purposes, network performance and security.
- To improve the functionality and performance of our website.
- To enable us to contact you if needed.
- Other purposes that you consent to.
What information do we collect?
NACDS is a Trade Association, and our members are operators of chain retail pharmacies, or suppliers of goods and services to the chain retail pharmacy industry. On our membership applications, and meeting registration forms, we ask for certain personal information regarding the employees of the company that wishes to purchase membership or other services from the association.
- Personal Information you provide to us. On various pages of the Website, you will have an opportunity to provide information to us about yourself, such as your name, address, place of employment, job title, photograph, phone number, and email address, spouse information if applicable. You may provide this information when you register with the Website or send a message on the Website. In addition, when you register on our Website or send a message on the Website, your personally identifiable information, including your email, will be added to our customer database and distribution list.
- Financial Information: NACDS may collect credit or debit card information to facilitate a transaction. If you purchase a membership in NACDS or register for a meeting or trade show product, you will need to provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, if you are paying by credit card. This information includes, name on credit card, billing address of cardholder, credit card number, expiration date, and authorization code on card.
How We Use the Information, We Collect
We use your information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve our services including to operate certain features and functionality of our websites (for example, by remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during this or subsequent visits);
- To process your inquiries and otherwise deliver customer service;
- To process your payments, we share and use Payment Information as described at Payment Information;
- To control unauthorized use or abuse of our Services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To analyze trends, administer or optimize the services, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around our websites);
- To communicate directly with you, including by sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services. Your opt-out options for promotional communications are described in “Your Controls and Choices” below.
- NACDS may share non-personal, non-individual information in aggregate form with third parties.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and European citizens
As a Data Subject in the European Union, you have rights under the GDPR. These rights can be seen below. NACDS will always fully respect your rights regarding the processing of your personal data, and has provided below the details of the person to contact if you have any concerns or questions regarding how we process your data, or if you wish to exercise any rights, you have under the GDPR.
The identity and contact detail for the Data Protection Officer at NACDS is:
Jyothi Biddala – Director Information Technology
National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS)
1776 Wilson Blvd. Suite 200 Arlington, VA 22209
Data Subject Rights:
- The right to be informed; This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The right of access; this is your right to see what data is held about you by a Data Controller.
- The right to rectification; the right to have your data corrected or amended if what is held is incorrect in some way.
- The right to erasure; under certain circumstances you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is also called ‘the Right to be Forgotten’. This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The right to restrict processing; this gives the Data Subject the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The right to data portability; a Data Subject has the right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Data Controller by him or her, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- The right to object; the Data Subject has the right to object to further processing of their data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling; Data Subjects have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
To exercise any of the above rights wherever applicable, please contact: email@example.com
Your Controls and Choices
Opt-Outs: We may provide you with the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. If you decide to opt-out, we may not be able to provide the Services to you. If you do not want to be included in User lists, you may opt-out by submitting a request to NACDS at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to opt-out of certain categories of information, send an email to email@example.com.
Communication Preferences: If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included on such communications or on the Services. Please note, however, that you may be unable to opt-out of certain service-related communications.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain a variety of appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Further, we have implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect personal information about you.
When you enter sensitive information (such as your password), we encrypt that information in transit using industry-standard Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology. No method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
See more details in our Security Policy.
Your acceptance of These Terms
NACDS values your patronage and respects your right to privacy. Because we are committed to protecting your privacy, personal data relating to an identified or identifiable individual which are submitted to this Site will be collected, processed, stored, and disposed of in accordance with applicable U.S. law. However, U.S. law may not provide the degree of protection to personal data that is available in other countries. The submission of personal data constitutes the User’s acknowledgment that he/she has read and understood this notice, and agrees to its terms.
This policy was last modified on May 23, 2018.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by any of the other communication methods listed above.