Rite Aid Corporation hosted a pharmacy tour with Senate Finance Committee member Thomas Carper (D-DE) in Dover, Del. this week as part of a record-breaking month for NACDS RxIMPACT.
The August congressional recess provides an excellent opportunity for the NACDS RxIMPACT program to facilitate events when lawmakers are back in their home districts. Last week NACDS RxIMPACT facilitated a record-breaking 20 pharmacy tours—a 34 percent increase in tours hosted in just one week. This week, NACDS RxIMPACT hosted 10 in-district activities, bringing the 2017 tally to 90. There are a total of 45 scheduled pharmacy tours in August, which matches the total number of pharmacy tours from January through July of this year.
The following pharmacy tours happened this week as part of the NACDS RxIMPACT program:
- Albertsons Companies hosted a Pasadena, Calif. pharmacy tour with staff for House Ways & Means Committee member Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA)
- Hannaford Bros., Co. hosted a Manchester, N.H. pharmacy tour with staff for Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee member Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-NH)
- Rosauers Supermarkets, Inc. hosted a Spokane, Wash. pharmacy tour for House Energy & Commerce Health Subcommittee member Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA)
- Southeastern Grocers LLC hosted pharmacy tours in Baton Rouge, La. and Jacksonville, Fla. with Rep. Garrett Graves (R-LA) and Rep. John Rutherford (R-FL)
- Rite Aid Corporation hosted a Dover, Del. pharmacy tour with Senate Finance Committee member Sen. Thomas Carper (D-DE); a Dover, N.H. pharmacy tour with staff for Senate Armed Services Committee member Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH); a Newark, N.J. pharmacy tour with staff for Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ); a Lancaster, Pa. pharmacy tour with Rep. Lloyd Smucker (R-PA); and a Clemmons, N.C. pharmacy tour with Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-NC).