Chris Lane speaks here in his capacity as NACDS vice chairman and as chairman of the NACDS Political Action Committee. Lane was elected as NACDS chairman of the Board, and will accept the gavel on Tuesday morning.
Palm Beach, Fla. – During the National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) Annual Meeting, NACDS named new officers, one new Executive Committee member and seven newly elected Board of Directors members for the coming year. Additionally, the Association re-elected seven Board of Directors members whose terms were expiring.
Chris Lane, executive vice president of Wakefern Food Corp./ShopRite, will serve as the new chairman of the NACDS Board of Directors, succeeding Mark Panzer, senior vice president of pharmacy, health and wellness with Albertsons Companies, who completed his term and will remain on the NACDS Board of Directors.
In addition, Richard Ashworth, president of operations, Walgreen Co., was elected NACDS vice chairman and Rick Keyes, president and CEO, Meijer, Inc., was elected NACDS treasurer. Each officer will serve a one-year term.
Keyes was also newly elected to the NACDS Executive Committee.
“Chris Lane talks passionately about pharmacy. His admiration for the profession and for the industry began early in his life. This fuels his commitment to achieving important results that advance the industry, for the ultimate good of patients and consumers. NACDS chain and associate members, whose responsibilities involve the pharmacy and consumer goods alike, will appreciate Chris’ brand of leadership, and we look forward to his term as NACDS chairman of the board,” said NACDS President and CEO Steven C. Anderson, IOM, CAE.
Seven new Board of Directors members were also elected:
• Lori Flees, SVP & DMM Health & Wellness, Sam’s Club (Walmart Inc.);
• Kirk Kaminsky, president, Pharmaceutical Solutions and Services, McKesson, representing Health Mart;
• Jocelyn Konrad, executive vice president of pharmacy and retail operations, Rite Aid Corporation;
• Colleen Lindholz, president, Kroger Health, The Kroger Co.;
• Mark Peterson, chief executive officer, Genoa Healthcare;
• Sean Slovenski, senior vice president and president of health and wellness, Walmart;
• Debbie Weitzman, president, pharmaceutical distribution, Cardinal Health, representing Medicine Shoppe.
During the NACDS Annual Meeting, seven Board of Directors members were also re-elected to three-year terms:
• Randy Edeker, chairman, CEO and president, Hy-Vee Inc.;
• Mark Griffin, president and CEO, Lewis Drug, Inc.;
• Rick Keyes, president and CEO, Meijer, Inc.;
• Chris Lane, executive vice president of Wakefern Food Corp./Shoprite;
• Bob Narveson, president and CEO, Thrifty White Pharmacy;
• Martin Otto, chief operating officer, H-E-B;
• Mark Panzer, senior vice president of pharmacy, health and wellness, Albertsons Companies.
The NACDS Board of Directors develops NACDS’ policies and priorities.