Members of Congress are currently home for in-district work periods, which happen about nine times during every session of Congress. A typical recess lasts one to two weeks, while the August in-district work period usually lasts for the entire month.
The NACDS RxIMPACT grassroots advocacy program hosted five recent events, bringing the total for 2016 to 31. The events range from in-district meetings to town halls, where advocates can call attention to an issue or particular legislation and send a message to their members of Congress. When legislators come back to D.C., NACDS will continue advocating for issues surrounding TRICARE, pain medications, drug take back and more.
Here is a list of the most recent NACDS RxIMPACT activities, which proliferated during this recent congressional in-district work period:
- Rite Aid Corporation—House Energy & Commerce Committee Member Rep. Tony Cardenas (D-CA) (staff)—Panorama City, Calif.—pharmacy tour
- Rite Aid Corporation—Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY)—Augusta, Ken.—meet-and-greet
- Walmart—House Armed Services Committee Member Rep. Steve Russell (R-OK)—Oklahoma City, Okla.—town hall
- Fred’s Pharmacy–Rep. Garret Graves (R-LA)—Baton Rouge, La.—town hall
- Walmart—House Armed Services Committee Member Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-TX)—El Paso, Texas—town hall