Apply to Participate: NACDS Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience Elective (APPE) Rotation in Association Management
NACDS offers an opportunity for pharmacy students to enhance their national comprehension of community pharmacy practice and the issues impacting the chain drug industry through an elective rotation in association management. The APPE rotation student will be able to see firsthand the day-to-day operations of a national pharmacy association. Selected students will have the ability to develop their written and verbal communication skills, participate in events to promote the profession of pharmacy, and research the enhanced role of pharmacy in innovative patient-centered care models.
The duration is 4 to 6 weeks subject to the applicant’s experiential program. Rotation students will receive experience in the following:
- Pharmacy care
- Emerging patient care models
Rotation experiences vary due to the changing nature of projects and the current environment of the organization, as well as the need to ensure that each student has the flexibility to shape their experience according to their interests and goals. Please review NACDS.org for more information about the trade association.
Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a US school or college of pharmacy, be in good academic standing, and in their final didactic year of pharmacy school. Chain community pharmacy experience is preferred.
Application must include:
- A cover letter explaining your career goals and interest in chain pharmacy and/or association management (must specify dates available for the rotation – if your schedule is flexible, please indicate)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Writing sample addressing one of the following topics: community pharmacy, provider status, national pharmacy associations, pharmacy advocacy, advanced technician roles or a pharmacy-related topic of your choice. (Limit to 500 words or less)
- Letter of recommendation from a pharmacy faculty member, dean, recent employer, or pharmacy mentor/preceptor.
(must come directly from recommender to email@example.com)
Elective APPE rotation applications for the 2019-2020 school year must be submitted no later than December 3, 2018. Students will be notified of their status by February 2019.